MER Devotion 1

MER DEVOTIONAL 1
1 Corinthians 13:1-8 CSB‬

[1] If I speak human or angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 
A. Talented/Gifted w/out Love
Vain celebrity

[2] If I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so that I can move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.
B. Intelligent w/out love
Smart Jerk

 [3] And if I give away all my possessions, and if I give over my body in order to boast but do not have love, I gain nothing. 
C. Nice but self seeking 
Selfish do gooder

[4] Love is patient, love is kind. Love does not envy, is not boastful, is not arrogant,
A. Doesn't have a timer/Push to get things done on their time table 
B. Doesn't hold weaknesses or mistakes over someone's head
C. Doesn't blame or make partner feel guilty for what they have
D. Doesn't hold on the right to be right(Stubbornly right) 

 [5] is not rude, is not self-seeking, is not irritable, and does not keep a record of wrongs. 
A. Listens/Hears the heart of our neighbor 
B. Considers the interests of others as important as their own 
C. Cultivate a heart of gratitude 
D. Isn't anchored to the past, gives grace-a fresh start 
-Grace: a gift given that is undeserved 

[6] Love finds no joy in unrighteousness but rejoices in the truth. 
A. Doesn't intentionally seek to harm or do wrong to our neighbor 
B. Accepts tough truths, celebrates opportunities for growth 

[7] It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
A. Perseveres 
B. Assumes the best of our partner 
C. Holds out for sunshine 

 [8] Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end.
A. Committed to implementing  a mindset of humility and service.